Here's a quick rundown of the beers topping my list this year:
- Big Island Brewhaus: Mandarin Gold (one of my favorites from last year's event), features Honokaa oranges and mac nut honey
- Coronado Brewing Co.: Hibiscus IPA, a collaboration with Maui Brewing Co. in support breast cancer research is a combination of Centennial, Chinook and Nugget hops, a refreshingly crisp beer, exhibits pronounced floral notes amidst a hint of balanced bitters
- Coronado Brewing Co.: Orange Avenue Wit is bolstered by orange zest, coriander and orange blossom honey, and expected to be refreshing, light-bodied
- Deschutes Brewery: Twilight Ale awarded 2012 World's Best Seasonal Pale Ale.
A lighter, yet full-flavored, aromatic Ale with a solid malt foundation paired with distinctive Amarillo hops.
- Kauai Island Brewing Company: Captain Cook's IPA
- Lost Coast Brewery: Indica IPA a hoppy, full-bodied ale with radical bittering from Columbus hops, then dry hopped with generous amounts of Willamette and Centennial hop flowers
- Maui Brewing Co.: Lemongrass Saison is a collaboration with Lost Abbey, a brewery located in San Marcos, California known for its Belgian-inspired beers that incorporates local Maui-grown lemongrass and White Wheat, Oats, Pilsner malt, Citra and Nelson Sauvin hops
- Maui Brewing Co.: Pau Hana Pilsner is a Bohemian-style pilsner showcasing Czech Saaz hops, known world-wide for their smooth, clean, yet spicy bitterness, and balanced with a touch of malt sweetness
- Rogue: Dad's Little Helper is deep mahogany in color with roasted malt and hop aromas and dense creamy head, entering the palate with intense hop flavor and coating the tongue with a rich maltiness
- Rogue: Original Colonies Mead boasts honey from Rogue's own honeybees, which spend their days sampling the flavors of the farm; from blackberries, raspberries and cherries; to woodruff, lavender and pumpkins; to rye, corn and Rogues 7 varities of GYO aroma hops